Week in Review #37
We love this season. Because it is Christmas for collectors! Funkoween just finished (oh, remember all Funkoween commons are 15% off but ending June 19!), and now we got SDCC, as well, we bunches of new epic releases. More on the SDCC Funko Pops in July, but we are already excited (you can see the full release list here if you have missed them).
For us, collecting Funko Pops is a combination of those nostalgic moments, where a memory, a fandom, or similar, materialise to a Funko Pop, and then having the rare pieces. In that sense, we might not be too different from a lot of other collectors. Last week, we published a new page with the largest selection of US Exclusive Funko Pops in Denmark (and all of Scandinavia). And we are still hyped - did you see it? Happy to hear your feedback!
Lastly, we are so excited for next week. Because this week, we received a massive shipment of more than 130 exclusive Funko Pops. We already shipped a bunch of these for the #PreorderCrew, and we will start adding these cool, new Funko Pops shortly. There is something to look forward to!
News of the week
- A new wave of My Hero Academia released this week - and we of course got you covered with both commons and US Exclusives. And, get ready for the upcoming sixth season of the popular series, with 15% discount on all non-exclusives of the new wave. Simply use MYOHMY15 at checkout. Ending July 16. You can find all of them here.
- Are you enjoying the Kenobi show? We may not have seen the Mandalorian (yet?!) but Darth Vader is taking the scene litteraly and as a Funko Pop! This week, we added the GameStop Exclusive Darth Vader, Walmart Exclusive Reva and Kawlan Roken to the preorder selection. Remember we offer 10% off on all of the commons of the entire Kenobi collection if you just use HELLOTHERE10 at checkout.
- Speaking of Star Wars, how cool is the Red Saber Series? The third - of the four in total - Funko Pops has now been released and you can preorder GameStop Exclusive Savage Opress - oh, and rememeber, that Star Wars Clone Wars is one of our Fandoms, so you can browse all of your favourites!
- Funkoween continue to provide great Funko Pops! Now, we can offer for preorder the Funko Shop Exclusive Oogie Boogie as a massive 10inch and with black light effect. Oh, remember all Funkoween commons are 15% off but ending June 19!
- Are you a Marvel fan? Gamora in Benatar can now be preordered, and she can join the rest of the Guardinans of the Galaxy crew in their fight against Thanos!
- Do you wanna help Scar take over Pride Rock? If so, the new Scar with Hyenas is a must have for you!
- And if you do love Disney, the new Amazon Exclusive VHS Cover with the beloved greek hero. Hercules, are now also up for preorder.
- ... And lots of other Funko pops!
Every week we will name a top three of new Week in Review Funko Pops be it preorder, new release or a new item in-stock.
This week, in third place, we have selected Savage Opress of the Red Saber series. This entire series is a perfect journey of nostalgia with the beloved - albeit them being the evil Siths! - Star Wars characters. This GameStop Exclusive Funko Pop was a no-brainer for our team!
In second place, we have selected Ken Takagi or Locklock of the new My Hero Academia wave. Even for collectors, who are not fan of the show and series, these Funko Pops are so cool, colourful and just plane awesome!
And.. in first place of this week. We had no choice but to dress up as some of the idiots surrounding Scar. This Hottopic exclusive Funko Pop showcase Scar and the hyenas as they are 'be preparing', and we believe this will be a centerpiece of the Deluxe villian releases. We just love it!
Pops of the Galaxy
Every Sunday, we present an update on the week that has passed. This update is called the Week in Review. Pops of the Galaxy is a Funko Pop niche store only operated digitally. We are based in Aalborg, Denmark. Our main objective is for new and excisting collectors to fall in love with the Funko Pop of their dreams - potentially re-connecting a great childhood memory. That is why we say #KeepCollecting